Home Studio

Home Studio
Simple but Sweet!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

No longer in the bedroom!

I've moved my home recording studio too many times to count. Each time that I have set all of my equipment up there has been some type of event that causes the equipment to carefully be taken down, boxed up, and stored for long periods of time. Each time I calmly dismantle my beloved equipment and dream that one day I will have a space to call my own. I suppose you're thinking, "You're grown and own a house. Figure it out." Yep, that's true. But I also have three kids still living at home, a husband, and a grand-daughter that visits. What ever shall I do?

This weekend my husband and I installed carpet into a small addition to our home. Yes, it has finally happened. My studio has a home. My labor of love is graciously reaching fruition. No longer will the sequencers, microphones, and guitars be forced to remain in their cases stashed in my closet. We (the equipment and I)have been liberated to pursue creativity and function.

As I sit and spin in my office chair, I am amazed in the difference a day makes. The walls are painted, the carpet laid, and yes, the equipment is unpacked. I am finally out of the bedroom.

1 comment:

  1. I’m so proud of you! You finally have your own personal studio. I know exactly how you feel. Originally from the northeast region of the US, I was surrounded by music and art. Constantly moving and transferring schools, I never had a place for my keyboard and violin. People always assume that you can store a keyboard under your bed and retrieve it whenever. It’s not the same! Hopefully I will be as fortunate as you to find a nice place, (in Aug when my lease is up) to set up a music stand, keyboard and my violin.

    ReplyDelete